On behalf of the BSA, thank you for signing your child up for the upcoming soccer season. We are confident that the kids will have a fun and memorable year and are delighted to return to the BAYS (Boston Area Youth Soccer) League for our 4th - 8th grade travel soccer program.
We want to be clear - we do not yet know what Covid 19 policies will be in place for the season. This is an area of uncertainty, but be sure assured that we will take guidance from all governing bodies which impact us -- state and local boards of health, as well as BAYS and its governing organization, Mass Youth Soccer Association.
Below are some general and program specific updates around the upcoming season. If you have any additional questions, recommended contacts can be found below.
BSA GENERAL INFO:
- We are still accepting registrations for all in-town programs and especially looking to enroll more K-2 participants. If you know anyone that's new to the town or considering registering their child to play soccer, please pass along this link for registration information.
- The Annual Soccer Night in Belmont is scheduled for Saturday, October 2nd. If you haven't been to the event before, I highly encourage you to attend with your kids; they won't forget it. For more information on the night, please visit this site.
- Does your child want to become a PAID referee? If they're 12 or older and interested, please email our Referee Director, Gesse Faber, who can walk you through the process.
BSA TRAVEL PROGRAM:
- The Bays travel soccer season officially begins the weekend of September 11th (first game.)
- Rosters will be sent via email during the second half of next week. We sincerely appreciate your patience with the team arrangement process. Your child's coach will reach out regarding the team's pracice and game schedule. (For additional information around game schedules, you can visit the BAYS website. Nothing is posted yet, but once schedules are announced this will be your go to website to check locations, dates, standings, etc.)
BSA IN-TOWN PROGRAM:
- Our In-Town soccer season officially begins the weekend of September 18th (first game.)
- Rosters will be sent via email after August 21st. Your child's coach will then be in touch with more information around practice and game schedules.
If there are any additonal questions, please feel free to reach out directly to the individuals listed below:
Travel League Director: Russell Mann
Boys Grades 4-5 Travel Coordinator: Peter Olagunju
Boys Grades 6-8 Travel Coordinator: Chris Heuisler
Girls Grades 4-5 Travel Coordinator: Tracey Pizzi
Girls Grades 6-8 Travel Coordinator: Yizhou Yan
Town League Director: Melissa Hart
K & 1st Grade League Coordinator: Christine Burke
2nd Grade Town League Coordinator: Julie Flynn
Girls Grades 3-4 Town League Coordinator: Rebecca Sen
Boys Grades 3-4 Town League Coordinator: Nicci Cronican
Coed Grades 5-8 Town League Coordinator: John Martorana
Registrar: Jeff Dreyfus
Referee Director: Gesse Faber
Lastly, we would like to take this opportunity to offer a heartfelt thank you to David Hamer who has retired from the BSA Board. David's impact on Belmont Soccer can be seen everywhere and we will miss his positive energy immensely. If you happen to see David walking his dog around Belmont, consider offering him your own words of gratitude.
We look forward to seeing all of you and your incredibly resilient kids out on the fields.
-The BSA Board