Dear Belmont Soccer Families,
We at Belmont Soccer Association, like you, are not sure what the next few weeks and months will hold in relation to COVID-19. As of July 25th, with the announcement that soccer is classified as a moderate-risk activity, we are more confident that we can operate a competitive program. Therefore, we have opened registration to try and gauge possible numbers for fall in-town and travel programs. We have requested an initial fee of $40 which covers costs that BSA will incur to operate any program and will be non-refundable.
If the season looks like previous years, fees for the season will be as in prior years for the respective town and travel programs. At the other end of the spectrum of possibilities is that the season consists of weekly small group skills clinics led by volunteer coaches. If we do not operate a competitive season, fees will be set accordingly to ensure the BSA covers expenses. However, there are still many outstanding questions to answer before we know what a season might look like.
We will continue to follow state and local guidelines and reserve the right to change the structure of the program to align with regulations. Please be advised that there might be headcount restrictions which will affect number of practices offered, etc.
With all this in mind, in an attempt to gauge participation and design a program we’re inviting families to register players one of two ways:
- Initially pay just the $40 nonrefundable fee + a $5.00 deferred billing charge, leaving the option to determine whether to participate in the season based on new information that may become available.
- Immediately pay the full registration cost for the selected program (this fee includes the nonrefundable $40 fee) to avoid the $5 deferred processing fee.
For deferred billing:
Final payment for TRAVEL teams will be charged to your card automatically on August 9th.
Final payment for Non-travel teams will be charged to your card on August 21st.
Please be advised, the $5.00 fee is something we have no control over and is charged and kept by our payment processor for this service.
We will continue to take advice from town and governing soccer administration officials and will offer updates to the soccer community as the summer progresses. As things become clearer, we will offer FAQs but at the moment the points below outline our initial guiding principles for fall soccer:
- If the town prohibits play, we will not play. In this case, BSA will still retain the $40 fee which covers players for insurance for the full 2020-fall & 2021-spring year
- All options for a season will be explored and what BSA considers the best and most practical plan for play communicated to the community.
- If there is a travel program there will be no placements/tryouts and teams will be formed based on existing information. If a child is new to Belmont Soccer, then we will do our best to place on an appropriate team. Moves mid-season should be expected.
- Ability to pay registration fee will not be a barrier to play. A fee waiver can be requested.
- While the situation remains unclear, we will attempt to be as flexible as possible. If you feel uncomfortable registering now and prefer to wait, that is okay. However, number restrictions might mean places and team spots are unavailable.
As a quick reminder, BSA is actively seeking applicants for funding through a grant program. BSA agreed to earmark a portion of its capital investment fund for projects and philanthropic purposes in order to help individuals and organizations during this extraordinary time of need.
If you or someone you know has an interest in submitting an application for funding please follow this link (https://forms.gle/5oMdtDDv1FCzmHv97) and complete the application. Applications will be reviewed and adjudicated by a subcommittee of the board and by external volunteers to determine their eligibility, validity and priority. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
For questions please email [email protected]