BSA uses www.bays.org for travel referee assignments and (TBD) for all Town League assignments.
After you create a BAYS referee account, watch the tutorial about “How to Accept Games”
- The referee assignor will email all certified refs requesting availability for games every two weeks.
- Referees have 48 hours to respond to the assignor with availability. The assignor will be fair in assignments; however, the more flexibility provided, the more likely a referee is to receive more games.
- Games will be assigned in two week blocks, with assignments being loaded on BAYS 7-10 days prior to the first week in that block.
- Referees have 3 days to accept or reject games before a game will be offered to another referee.
- Once a game is accepted, the referee is responsible for that game. If a referee has a last minute emergency, he/she commits to calling the referee assignor as soon as possible. Referees are expected to be responsible and reliable. Cancellations and/or no-shows will negatively impact future assignments.
Reporting Scores and Getting Paid
- Report games within 24 hours.
- ALL GAMES MUST BE REPORTED TO THE APPROPRIATE SITES IN ORDER FOR THE REFEREE TO GET PAID!
- All BAYS games must be reported to BAYS, by both the center referee and ARs
- All Town League games must be reported to [TBD]
- BAYS pays for all center referees and 11v11 ARs.
- BSA pays all Town League center referees, 9v9 ARs and mentors.