Laws of the Game
One Page Summary of Town League and BAYS Rules
Advice for New Referees (see PDF on this page)
BAYS Travel Game Rule Summary for Referees, Coaches, and Parents
BAYS Zero Tolerance Guidelines
Code of Conduct
- I will arrive to the field at least 15 minutes before the start of the game.
- I will review the local competition rules and the Laws of the Game.
- I will dress properly and maintain a professional appearance on the field.
- I will be decisive and fair in all calls.
- I will do my best to mentor younger referees to help them improve in their skills.
Referees are responsible for their own uniform purchase. BSA will reimburse all certified youth referees the cost of the 7 piece Referee Starter Kit (max of $37.55). A USSF referee kit consists of a gold shirt, solid black shorts, USSF black socks (striped or solid), whistle, yellow and red cards, and Velcro disc for certification patch. Referees must also wear predominantly black cleats or sneakers, a wristwatch with stopwatch function, and bring a pocket-sized notebook, a pen and a coin to every game. Referee uniform kits can be purchased from Official Sports. Referees can also find apparel and accessories at scoresports.com, www.amazon.com and www.soccer.com.