Fall 2019 Placements sessions are complete! 530 children were assessed for travel placements this year. Teams will be communicated to coaches and families at the end of July.
- Will be held outdoor and involve more scrimmage and technical skills assessments
- Will be held mid-week in the evenings, rather than the weekends
- All kids from the same grade will be evaluated on the same 'placement evening' - to allow for an improved evaluation of kids within that grade
- We will offer the choice of 1 of 2 sessions on the placements' evening for each child's grade.
- There are no placements for Town league players, only kids playing travel soccer in the Fall OR Spring will need to attend placements
2019 PLACEMENT SCHEDULE
Players should be present 15 minutes before the start of the session they will attend
All Placements will take place at PQ Field
The current schedule for the 2019 Placements is as follows (Session Times 4:45 - 6:15 & 6:30 - 8pm):
- Kids rising into 7th/8th Grade in Fall 2019: Tuesday May 21st
- Kids rising into 6th Grade in Fall 2019: Thursday May 30th
- Kids rising into 5th Grade in Fall 2019: Thursday May 23rd
- Kids rising into 4th Grade in Fall 2019: Tuesday May 28th
Players in the In-Town League (entering the 3rd grade in the Fall and 4th grade players who know they will not play Travel soccer during the upcoming Fall and next Spring season) do not need to attend Placements.
- Your child will NOT be placed on a Division 1 or 2 BAYS Travel team (typically the BSA 1st and 2nd teams in an age group) if he/she does not attend placements with his/her appropriate age group.
- Your child needs to attend only one placement session. BSA is providing 2 sessions a night for each age group. Please choose only one session.
- Details on the Placements changes and drills being used are contained in the Placements Details document
- A child must attend a session with his/her age group and gender (see schedule below).
- BAYS (travel) teams are offered for 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade players (ie. U10-U14). U10 (4th gr.) plays on a smaller field in 7v7 format, U11/U12 (5th & 6th gr.) play on a medium field in 9v9 format, and U13/14 play (7th & 8th gr) on a large field in 11v11 format.
- U9 players (3rd gr.) will play only in the IN-TOWN League. U10 (4th gr.) players can play either in In-Town or BAYS (Travel).