BELMONT SOCCER ASSOCIATION (BSA)
Return to Play Protocol – Coaches, Parents & Players
Belmont Soccer Association’s principles for a return to safe soccer:
- The health and safety of our soccer and overall community members are top priority
- Physical activity through soccer is one way to promote physical and mental health benefits
In order to comply with State Law and follow recommendations from the CDC and Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association, Belmont Soccer Association has implemented protocols to promote a healthy return to soccer activity - including games. BSA has also made additional modifications based on advice from Town of Belmont Board of Health and independent medical professionals. Our expectation is that the whole BSA community takes collective responsibility for our actions in such a way that:
- We follow the guidelines as required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- All coaches, volunteers, parents/guardians and players must read, understand and practice the guideline requirements.
- Parents are expected to review procedures and sign the compliance form with their child prior to participation.
- Non-compliance at any stage will result in the inability of your player to participate in BSA activities.
- Participation in all practices and games will require a symptom check-in completion and clearance. Parents/guardians will be obliged to complete, sign and submit digitally. Failure to complete this check-in will result in players not being able to participate for the session.
- Additional resources and information, most of which is contained with BSA protocol, can be found on Mass Youth Soccer’s website page: Return to Soccer Activities.
Lastly this is a community effort that requires a collective focus. We’re not sure what the next few weeks or months will bring, but together we can plan for and enjoy as much soccer as is practically possible at this time.
We appreciate the patience and understanding needed to meet health and safety standards that allow us to get the kids back to play during this COVID-19 pandemic.
We are all in this together; let’s support one another as we look forward to enjoying another amazing year of soccer in Belmont!